Magic Moon SoapBlog


Magic Moon SoapWorks, Inc makes All-Natural Goats Milk Soaps, using only the purest of ingredients, herbs, & botanicals. Our little cottage industry company was lovingly created in 2009, after discovering and practicing the unique craft of making All-Natural, Hand-Crafted Artisan Goat's Milk Soaps. There are no "Melt-n-pours" here. We craft everything from scratch the way it's been done for centuries.

We are FREE of sulfates, parabens, phthalates, dyes, gluten, Nut Oils, chemical fillers or artificial ingredients and our bars are perfectly pH balanced. We are also very proud of the fact that we are a GREEN company and do NO Animal Testing. We were just certified by the LeapingBunny.org as an international Cruelty-Free company!


Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Ingredient Comparison of Magic Moon SoapWorks, Part 1

Hi there, Dana from Magic Moon SoapWorks here! 

This little research lesson turned out to be a doozie!  So, hold on to your hats and read this intro first!  I'll have Part 2 out in a little bit!

(Rosacea, Eczema, Psoriasis, OH MY!)

This year, we've been to several festivals with our products and have met many wonderful people.  There are so many folks out there with skin issues these days.  Skin sensitivities, inflammations, Rosacea, Eczema, Psoriasis, allergies - you name it - they've got it.  Many people are wary of trying a product that they haven't heard of before - and at a festival - on my!  These are the reactions that we come across each and every day.  Actually - I would be too!  I'm a skeptic and you have to prove something's worth to me. 

(Common Concerns of Would-be Customers)
Many times we hear, "Oh I'll get it for my mom or hubby- but my dermatologist won't let me use anything else but __________".  We truly understand, because my family went through the exact same thing. My late husband had terrible Eczema, both sons with premature acne and me with very very fair "Irish" skin.  What I noticed about 10 years ago, was that the foods we eat and drink and all the products that we were laundering and bathing with - had dyes, preservatives and countless other unpronounceable chemicals in all of them.  The same chemicals that help the detergent bar dry in the wet soap dish and look pretty sitting there - were the same ones that I was dumping into my family's skin and causing havoc. 

(Early Findings of using more Natural)
I began finding as natural of products as I could, and it seemed to help.  Ones without dyes that claimed to have natural ingredients.  You have to remember - it wasn't nearly as easy back then as it is now.  But- it wasn't enough.  I went into an Indian food shop one day and found an imported 100% Olive oil bar with no dye, preservatives or drying agents listed - so I bought it. 

OK- awesome - It started working well and I was noticing a real difference in the decrease of new breakouts and dryness. 

(Nature has the Answer-if we'll Listen)
About that same time, my friend offered to teach me soap-making.  She had been making soap for the last 30 years and she had great skin. 

She also introduced me to Goat's Milk and how that helps with skin issues as well.  She assured me that great skin doesn't come "naturally", and that you have to take care of it.  Well- now I know that, in a sense - it actually does!  It may not come naturally - but Nature has a way of caring for her own - if we'll let her!  

The rest, as they say, is History!  That is how Magic Moon SoapWorks was born. 

Now 10 years later, we've turned a family's cascade of skin issues, a new found passion and hobby into a fledgling small cottage industry business.  Apparently - our family wasn't the only one out there having issues.

So, now after that little history lesson - you finally get what you came to this page for!  The comparison study that I did.  I promise - I really did attempt to be as unbiased as possible - which was hard, but here it goes!

No comments: